Salma Hayek Oscars How-to
The 89th Academy Awards 2017
WHO: Salma Hayek, Actress & Oscars Presenter
HAIR BY: Celebrity Hairstylist, Robert Vetica for Olivia Garden
INSPIRATION: The captivating elegance of the Alexander McQueen couture dress was the setting of the dramatic hair style created for Salma Hayek. The inspiration: off-the-runway with surprising twist.
1. I began prepping Salma’s hair using Olivia Garden’s NanoThermic Ceramic+Ion Thermal Round Brush, which is specially designed with Tourmaline Ion technology to create dramatic shine during blow drying.
2. Once her hair was fully dry with loose waves & a soft bounce, I used the Olivia Garden Style-Up Teasing Brush with pointed handle that can be used as a sectioning tool to section Salma’s hair into 4 parts – 2 sections on top, & 2 in the back closer to the nape of her neck.
3. Then on each side, I took 2 sections along the front hairline & made 2 small braids, & tied them underneath the top at the crown, securing with a black elastic. Then, I used the Olivia Garden Style-Up Teasing Brush on the top section of her hair, to tease at the root to create stunning natural-looking volume.
4. We wanted to add a gorgeous twist to her look, so I transformed a Fred Leighton diamond bracelet into a hairband using fishing wire to adjust into a headband, which I then placed on Salma & tied behind her neck & pinned to secure.
5. Finally, I finished the look by lightly brushing through the rest of her hair to soften the waves with Olivia Garden iStyle Brush for Medium Hair to add shine & a silky finish that has movement.
PRODUCTS: NanoThermic Ceramic+Ion Thermal Round Brush, Style-Up Teasing Brush, & iStyle Brush